AD Admin | April 26, 2017 | 0
Swim Season off to a Phenomenal Start
The girls’ swim team, a co-op between Minnehaha Academy and the Academy of Holy Angels, has had a phenomenal season so far this year. Their team has grown in numbers this year, adding more athletes to the roster than in years past. In the first six meets and invites of the season, the team has shown great improvement recording a total of 132 new best times and 2 new records.
One of the biggest highlights this season so far has been the meet at Columbia Heights on September 20th, 2016. It was at this meet that the team recorded their first ever win! With this win as a team came a handful of individual accomplishments. Some of the accomplishments reached that night were as follows:
- 32 new best times
- Leah Lood recorded 4 new best times
- Megan Priadka broke her 100 back record for the third time this season – while suffering from swimmer’s ear!
- Ava Barry dropped 4+ seconds in her 200IM and 3+ seconds in her 100 fly
- Annika Sabers had a 4 second drop in her 50 free in the first relay and raced in her first 100 freestyle race ever
- Olivia Lutter recorded 3 new best times
- Ali Sorensen recorded 3 new best times
- Isa Franklin recorded 2 new 50 free best times
- Winnie Commers had her first 50 split: 30.02